Puerto Rico VPC
PLEASE CONTACT THE VPC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND RECEIVE IMPORTANT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE INSTRUCTIONS.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR VEHICLE AVAILABILITY. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL MESSAGE WHEN YOUR VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP AT DESTINATION. PLEASE CLICK THE CONFIRMATION LINK IN YOUR EMAIL FOR IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY DETAILS AND VPC LOCATION AND OPERATING HOURS.
WHEN AVAILABLE, PLEASE PICK-UP YOUR VEHICLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THERE IS LIMITED STAGING SPACE AT THE VPC.
Hours of Operation
Due to Hurricane Irma our offices will only be servicing by appointment only starting on 10/30/17
We are asking that only the Service Members who are processing and one other individual who is providing transportation be present at the VPC due to the storm damage and limited working space.
Please stay safe!
INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS RETIRING OR SEPERATING FROM SERVICE.
1) All retiring or separating service members will pay local taxes before their vehicle can be released to them. This is the responsibility of the service Member not the Military or IAL.
a. Please visit this website to get an estimate of tax cost
ii. Member has a 30 day grace period from arrival date at the port to pay. After 30 days penalties and additional fees may apply.
2) When vehicle arrives to the Port of San Juan, the VPC will prepare local government paperwork.
3) VPC will contact the member when documents are ready for pick up.
a. The tax office will not process your vehicle without this paperwork.
4) Member picks up paperwork at PR VPC and obtain releases from tax office (Hacienda).
5) Member visits WWW.PCSMYPOV.com and creates an appointment for pick up of vehicle.
6) Day of appointment member must bring
a. Picture Identification
b. Original tax release provided from Hacienda
c. ACAA Receipt purchased from "Colecturia" in Hacienda
d. Original Vehicle Inspection Form (VIF) provided at time of turn in
INFORMATION FOR ACTIVE SERVICE MEMBERS SHIPPING TO
1) All active service members are tax exempt!
2) When vehicle arrives to the Port of San Juan, the VPC will notify and send the member an exemption letter for signature. Member will return to the VPC the signed exemption letter along with clear copies of photo ID and Social Security card for VPC to process tax release forms on behalf of the member.
a. Members can scan via email or hand deliver to San Juan VPC
3) Service member purchases ACAA Sticker at Hacienda building prior to picking up vehicle
4) VPC will contact member when the local tax office, (Hacienda), approves exemption and advise member that POV is ready for pickup.
5) Member will visit WWW.PCSMYPOV.COM and create an appointment for vehicle pick up
6) Day of pickup appointment member must bring
a. Picture Identification
b. ACAA Sticker purchased from Hacienda
c. Original Vehicle Inspection Form (VIF) provided at time of turn in
7) This clearance process from the arrival of the POV at Port of San Juan to customer pick up can take from 4-7 days but is contingent on the Service Member providing the required documentation in a timely manner.
*Medical, Wounded Warrior and Blue Bark vehicles please contact the San Juan VPC directly at 787.792.1233
*USVI UPDATE: Rev. October 26, 2016*
Please note that the USVI Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is no longer accepting vehicles with “SALVAGE” titles to be registered and re-titled in the USVI. Also, please note all vehicles to be registered and re-titled in the USVI must have the original title. This does not affect clearance with Excise Tax and US Customs requirements.
IF USING A GPS TO LOCATE OUR OFFICES, PLEASE USE NIMAY MITSUBISHI KENNEDY AVENUE AS A REFERENCE TO ARRIVE AT OUR LOCATION. GPS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE VPC PUERTO RICO'S ADDRESS.
FROM THE AIRPORT
Follow signs from airport to San Juan / Route 26 Oeste (West). Take Route 26 Oeste (West) to Condado / Roberto H. Todd Salida (Exit). Take Condado / Roberto H. Todd Salida (Exit) and stay in left lane on exit ramp. Turn left at traffic light, onto Route 2. Follow Route 2 to "Marginal Kennedy" Salida (Exit), immediately after bridge. This road will loop around and under freeway. Take second right onto parallel service road. You will travel parallel with Route 2 and pass several car dealerships - turn left at the Mitsubishi dealership. The VPC is located on left side of street, inside the Capitol Transportation warehouse. A security guard will greet you at the front gate and tell you where to park.
FROM ROOSEVELT ROADS
Take Route 3 Oeste (West) to Route 26 Oeste (West) and follow directions above from Airport.
FROM FORT BUCHANAN
Exit through the gate located by the Federal prison, getting out of the gate you will turn right; at the traffic light you will continue going straight towards the port area. You will pass “Trailer Bridge terminal” and some other electric plant and gas companies. At the end of the road you will take the exit that takes you over the avenue by taking the over pass, it will loop into Kennedy Ave. You will stay on the right lane to continue going straight inside the service road that runs parallel to Kennedy Ave. You will pass several car dealers once you pass the Chrysler car dealer you will notice there is building with a “Subway”; again bare right to continue straight on the service road; passing a used car dealer, a furniture store called “Kaguten” immediately after the store finishes you will make a right. The VPC is located on left side of street, inside the Capitol Transportation warehouse. A security guard will greet you at the front gate and tell you where to park. You have passed the entrance if you get to the Sams Club Store.