Puerto Rico VPC
PLEASE CONTACT THE VPC AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND RECEIVE IMPORTANT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE INSTRUCTIONS.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR VEHICLE AVAILABILITY. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL MESSAGE WHEN YOUR VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP AT DESTINATION. PLEASE CLICK THE CONFIRMATION LINK IN YOUR EMAIL FOR IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY DETAILS AND VPC LOCATION AND OPERATING HOURS.
WHEN AVAILABLE, PLEASE PICK-UP YOUR VEHICLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - THERE IS LIMITED STAGING SPACE AT THE VPC.
Hours of Operation
HOURS OF OPERATION: 0800 - 1700 Monday - Friday
The last customer will be served one hour prior to closing.
APPOINTMENTS ARE SCHEDULED FROM START TIME THROUGH END TIME FOR POV PROCESSING AT THE VPC. ARRIVE 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR DESIGNATED APPOINTMENT START TIME.
INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS RETIRING OR SEPERATING FROM SERVICE.
1) All retiring or separating service members will pay local taxes before their vehicle can be released to them. This is the responsibility of the service Member not the Military or IAL.
a. Please visit this website to get an estimate of tax cost
ii. Member has a 30 day grace period from arrival date at the port to pay. After 30 days penalties and additional fees may apply.
2) When vehicle arrives to the Port of San Juan, the VPC will prepare local government paperwork.
3) VPC will contact the member when documents are ready for pick up.
a. The tax office will not process your vehicle without this paperwork.
4) Member picks up paperwork at PR VPC and obtain releases from tax office (Hacienda).
5) Member visits WWW.PCSMYPOV.com and creates an appointment for pick up of vehicle.
6) Day of appointment member must bring
a. Picture Identification
b. Original tax release provided from Hacienda
c. Receipt purchased from "Colecturia" in Hacienda
d. Original Vehicle Inspection Form (VIF) provided at time of turn in
INFORMATION FOR ACTIVE SERVICE MEMBERS SHIPPING TO
1) All active service members are tax exempt!
2) When vehicle arrives to the Port of San Juan, the VPC will notify and send the member an exemption letter for signature. Member will return to the VPC the signed exemption letter along with clear copies of photo ID and Social Security card for VPC to process tax release forms on behalf of the member.
a. Members can scan via email or hand deliver to San Juan VPC
3) Service member purchases ACAA Sticker at Hacienda building prior to picking up vehicle
4) VPC will contact member when the local tax office, (Hacienda), approves exemption and advise member that POV is ready for pickup.
5) Member will visit WWW.PCSMYPOV.COM and create an appointment for vehicle pick up
6) Day of pickup appointment member must bring
a. Picture Identification
b. ACAA Sticker purchased from Hacienda
c. Original Vehicle Inspection Form (VIF) provided at time of turn in
7) This clearance process from the arrival of the POV at Port of San Juan to customer pick up can take from 4-7 days but is contingent on the Service Member providing the required documentation in a timely manner and government agency process time.
*Medical, Wounded Warrior and Blue Bark vehicles please contact the San Juan VPC directly at 787.792.1233
*USVI UPDATE: Rev. October 26, 2016*
Please note that the USVI Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is no longer accepting vehicles with “SALVAGE” titles to be registered and re-titled in the USVI. Also, please note all vehicles to be registered and re-titled in the USVI must have the original title. This does not affect clearance with Excise Tax and US Customs requirements.